30 Minute Indoor Installation










"We Are What We Believe"


This installation plays on the idea of body image. As an artist, woman, human, I feel compelled to understand and discuss the line between confidence and covering up. I notice that I tend to wear black long-sleeved shirts. I question, ‘Why?’ Is this choice due to my high self esteem when I wear this item of clothing or due to the fact that it shields my upper body entirely? Hanging on wooden planks, I have strung black long-sleeved shirts in different arrangements. Holes are tied or sewn up and weighted down with rocks. The duality between weightlessness and heaviness intrigues me, as body image is a constant dilemma. This work allows the viewer to create his/her own assumptions about body image and how they view themselves. 

Materials:
black long-sleeved shirts 
rocks
wire
wood
clear plastic string

Comments

Popular Posts